*

The mysterious world of MONICA CROESE

17.4.09

My insanity series * 1995


* Dark mood * My insanity has the disturbing form of dancing butterflies

I am Jesus (unfinished)

I painted these after a difficult and dark period in my life. I had tasted the breath of insanity. Though the call of madness was very strong, i could resist it and stopped before the gate. In these paintings madness has the form of a butterfly. Intangible, brief and vulnerable. In many cultures the butterfly is the source of wisdom and strenght. Not because they're superior on mankind, but because they were initiated in the secrets of nature in a way that wasn't open for humans, limited by his intellect. Therefore animals function as a guide to other worlds. Usually the butterfly is a positive symbol of change and immortality. Beauty born from apparently death and rotting (cocon).

No comments: